Saturday, April 26, 2008

Milena Velba Et Nadine Jansen

reducing waiting times to start Ubuntu

  • Good graphics, good music and fun gameplay
  • Some time ago I knew of its existence but I was encouraged to install (for the classes, time, etc.). But now I'm on vacation (and a long time since I updated this blog) I thought why not? And I was pleasantly surprised to confirm that Secret

    Maryo Chronicles is a game very well done and quite funny.

    Probably because I played video games in the early nineties, I got used to playing the classic 2-D platform: game with few actions (running, jumping and some other power) and relatively predictable. The 3-D games never impressed me enough (with the exception of the very old Wolfenstein 3-D, Quake, Heretic ... but that's another story.) Therefore, I am pleased that these projects are still there to rescue the old modes of play.

    oquéi http://ubuntu.org.ua/ getdeb / (Note: GetDeb also provides updates on other programs in Ubuntu, such as GIMP, Pidgin, and others. Generally, these tend to be newer versions than those provided by Canonical, but not being the official involve some degree of risk of incompatibilities. Update the program is not mandatory but must clear the boxes in the process)

    And the music?

    SMC has an interesting soundtrack that is NOT included by default in the game. To install, you must download a new package. Deb (approximately 30 MB) from the downloads page the SMC website. As simple as downloading and installing.

    Problems with the joystick?

    When I first installed the game I had some problems with my USB joystick. The game recognized the buttons, but not the directional axes (D-Pad). Searching the net I discovered that it was a recurring problem among users. Although concrete solutions are rarely found. Finally solved the problem, but I realized that the effectiveness of the methods will depend on each machine. Here I provide some information to take into account if they have the same origin:

    The problem seems to affect users of GNOME and not KDE. So if you have Kubuntu, there should be no problem.

    The problem seems to affect people who have installed the package jscallibrator

    or the "Joystick Calibrator" on the Ubuntu application installer. To resolve this issue, uninstall this package and

    delete the file ~ /.

    joystick (hidden file in your home folder). Then restart Ubuntu.

    If the above does not work, you can create an autorun file to load settings the joystick to start Ubuntu. More information on the blog A

    bioinformatiquillo I ran the second option. I uninstalled the "Joystick Calibrator" which had installed some time ago, I deleted the config file and voila!

    Indeed, I strongly recommend testing this game with joystick. Given the sensitivity of the movements (and the risk of RSI ) is better than using the keyboard.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment